Measures of Central Tendency- read instructions
Use MS Word to complete “Questions to be Graded: Exercise 8” in Statistics for Nursing Research: A Workbook for
Evidence-Based Practice. Submit your work in SPSS by copying the output and pasting into the Word document. In addition to the SPSS output, please include explanations of the results where appropriate. See attachment bellow for Data and Pictures to respond the following questions.
1. The number of nursing students enrolled in a particular nursing program between the years of 2010 and 2016, respectively, were 563, 593, 606, 520, 563, 610, and 577. Determine the mean ( X ), median ( MD ), and mode of the number of the nursing students enrolled in this program. Show your calculations.
2. What is the mode for the variable inpatient complications in Table 2 of the Winkler et al. (2014) study? What percentage of the study participants had this complication?
3. Does the distribution of inpatient complications have a single mode, or is this distribution bimodal or multimodal? Provide a rationale for your answer.
4. As reported in Table 1 , what are the three most common cardiovascular medical history events in this study, and why is it clinically important to know the frequency of these events?
5. What are the mean and median lengths of stay (LOS) for the study participants?
6. Are the mean and median for LOS similar or different? What might this indicate about the distribution of the sample? Provide a rationale for your answer.
7. Examine the study results and determine the mode for arrhythmias experienced by the partici-pants. What was the second most common arrhythmia in this sample?
8. Was the most common arrhythmia in Question 7 related to LOS? Was this result statistically signiﬁcant? Provide a rationale for your answer.
9. What study variables were independently predictive of the 50 premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) per hour in this study?
10. In Table 1 , what race is the mode for this sample? Should these study ﬁndings be generalized to American Indians with ACS? Provide a rationale for your answer.