Measures of Dispersion : Range and Standard Deviation – Read instructions
Use MS Word to complete “Questions to be Graded: Exercise 9” in Statistics for Nursing Research: A Workbook for
Evidence-Based Practice. Submit your work in SPSS by copying the output and pasting into the Word document. In addition to the SPSS output, please include explanations of the results where appropriate. See attachment bellow for Data and Pictures to respond the following questions.
1. What were the name and type of measurement method used to measure Caring Practices in the Roch, Dubois, and Clarke (2014) study?
2. The data collected with the scale identiﬁed in Questions 1 were at what level of measurement? Provide a rationale for your answer.
3. What were the subscales included in the CNPISS used to measure RNs ’ perceptions of their Caring Practices? Do these subscales seem relevant? Document your answer.
4. Which subscale for Caring Practices had the lowest mean? What does this result indicate?
5. What were the dispersion results for the Relational Care subscale of the Caring Practices in Table 2 ? What do these results indicate?
6. Which subscale of Caring Practices has the lowest dispersion or variation of scores? Provide a rationale for your answer.
7. Which subscale of Caring Practices had the highest mean? What do these results indicate?
8. Compare the Overall rating for Organizational Climate with the Overall rating of Caring Practices. What do these results indicate?
9. The response rate for the survey in this study was 45%. Is this a study strength or limitation? Provide a rationale for your answer.
10. What conclusions did the researchers make regarding the caring practices of the nurses in this study? How might these results affect your practice?