Lone Star College Child Developmental Evaluation and Presentation
The needs of the pediatric patient differ depending on age, as do the stages of development and the expected assessment findings for each stage. In a 500-750-word paper, examine the needs of a school-aged child between the ages of 5 and 12 years old and discuss the following:
- Compare the physical assessments among school-aged children. Describe how you would modify assessment techniques to match the age and developmental stage of the child.
- Choose a child between the ages of 5 and 12 years old. Identify the age of the child and describe the typical developmental stages of children that age.
- Applying developmental theory based on Erickson, Piaget, or Kohlberg, explain how you would developmentally assess the child. Include how you would offer explanations during the assessment, strategies you would use to gain cooperation, and potential findings from the assessment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. Lone Star College Child Developmental Evaluation and Presentation
Topic: Organizational Culture and Values.
Prepare a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation, with speaker notes, that examines the significance of an organization’s culture and values. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the Topic Materials for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning, and an additional slide for References at the end.
- Outline the purpose of an organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Explain why an organization’s mission, vision, and values are significant to nurse engagement and patient outcomes.
- Explain what factors lead to conflict in a professional practice. Describe how organizational values and culture can influence the way conflict is addressed.
- Discuss effective strategies for resolving workplace conflict and encouraging interprofessional collaboration.
- Discuss how organizational needs and the culture of health care influence organizational outcomes. Describe how these relate to health promotion and disease prevention from a community health perspective. Lone Star College Child Developmental Evaluation and Presentation