Culturally Competent Nursing Assignment
For this assignment, you will interview a person from a cultural background that is different from your own. Using the twelve domains of culture from the Purnell Model, discuss the health practices of that culture and compose a scholarly paper in a Microsoft Word document of 5–6 pages formatted in APA style.
In your paper, you should include the following:
Select a person from a cultural group different from your own. You may choose a patient, friend, or work colleague. For the sake of confidentiality, do not reveal the name of the person you interview; use only initials.
For the person you select, complete the cultural assessment using questions 1 through 12 from the Purnell Model for Cultural Competence in your textbook, Transcultural Health Care: A Culturally Competent Approach. Culturally Competent Nursing Assignment
On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.
- Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- This handout will provide you the details of formatting your essay using APA style.
- You may create your essay in this APA-formatted template.
- Name the document SU_NSG4074_W2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit it to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
The Twelve Domains of Culture
These are the 12 domains that are essential for assessing the ethnocultural attributes of an individual, family, or group:
· 1. Overview, inhabited localities, and topography
· 2. Communication
· 3. Family roles and organization
· 4. Workforce issues
· 5. Biocultural ecology
· 6. High-risk behaviors
· 7. Nutrition
· 8. Pregnancy and childbearing practices
· 9. Death rituals
· 10. Spirituality
· 11. Health-care practices
· 12. Health-care providers. Culturally Competent Nursing Assignment