Developing a Strategic Plan Paper Assignment
- Consider the information on strategic planning in the Learning Resources.
- Review any feedback you received from your Instructor on your Module 1 Assignment. If necessary, continue to refine your focus to clarify the strategic plan issue.
- To prepare your Summary of the Issue section, proceed as follows:
- Investigate the background related to this issue. What conditions have contributed to this situation? Is there data (beyond what you identified for the Week 2 Discussion) that should be examined?
- Conduct research to assess what has been attempted in the past, by various individuals or organizations, to address this issue.
- Think about any broader issues that should be examined to better understand this issue. For instance, consider economic, political, and/or social considerations. Developing a Strategic Plan Paper Assignment
Write a 2- to 3-page summary of the strategic plan issue. Include the following in your summary:
- The strategic plan issue and how the issue’s need is evident in the group or organization.
- The mission and vision of the group or organization. (Note: Be sure you have reviewed and implemented feedback from your Week 4 Discussion 1: Mission and Vision Statements.)
- Background, including:
- Data from historical analysis and forecasting to support the need for the plan
- Evidence from the literature to support the need for the plan
- Previous attempts by various individuals and groups to address this issue
- Stakeholders that should be included in the strategic planning process. Developing a Strategic Plan Paper Assignment
Section 2: SWOT Analysis
- Conduct a SWOT analysis for your Strategic Plan, reviewing and incorporating any insights you have gained from feedback from Week 4 Discussion 2: Preparing for a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats Analysis. Identify two strengths, two weaknesses, two opportunities, and two threats that warrant attention relative to the identified strategic plan issue.
- Reflect on how you distinguished between weaknesses and threats and consider whether the threats or weaknesses also pose opportunities.
Write a 2- to 3-page summary that conveys the results of your SWOT analysis. Include:
- Two organizational strengths
- Two organizational weaknesses
- Two market opportunities
- Two environmental threats
- An explanation of whether the threats and/or weaknesses may also pose opportunities. Developing a Strategic Plan Paper Assignment