MDC Adolescent Health Risk Seminar Presentation
For this assignment, you will develop and deliver a 10–15 minute seminar/workshop aimed at the teen or young adult audience on a specific health risk associated with the population. At least have 15 slides.
* Make sure to read from authors notes (ADD AUTHOR NOTES TO THE PPW). Follow the guidelines of a seminar when writing the author’s notes in accordance to the topic that will be presented. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, POINTS HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED IN THE PAST FOR NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. THANKS!
Choose a health risk associated with adolescence. Some categories to consider may include:
Suicide (THIS IS THE TOPIC)
As the health care advocate, you will present the following to the target audience (adolescents or young adults)in 10-15 slides or screens:
An overview of the risk factor
- Prevalence of the health risk (meaningful data)
Explain your role with the issue as a health care practitioner/advocate (I’M A PSYCHIATRIC NURSE)
- Ways to identify a problem and address the issue
Present an activity or project or exercise for the audience to engage in related to the topic. MDC Adolescent Health Risk Seminar Presentation
Help and support resources
In your research materials, incorporate 3–4 current sources with one containing the most current statistics.
- Use age-appropriate creativity to ensure the message gets across to the selected audience. As you plan your seminar, consider:
How will you initiate a conversation (rather than give a lecture)?
- How will you keep the attention and respect of this audience?
Use APA for citing and referencing your sources.
- Keep your design and audio appropriate to the audience(PICTURES,CHARTS NEED TO BE AGE APPROPRIATE FOR ADOLESCENTS) yet professional. Your presentation must include both audio and visual components and be professional in nature. MDC Adolescent Health Risk Seminar Presentation